Facebook officially turned into a family reunion and dinner party this year. Unless you select to “Like” and “Follow” a Facebook business page, you don’t see it on your feed anymore!
Let’s face it: Facebook algorithms aren’t business friendly anymore. What’s left? Ad campaigns and boosting posts will get your page noticed and are certainly a necessary part of a marketing strategy plan, but let’s brainstorm supplemental strategies that don’t require “paying to play.” Here are a few loopholes on Facebook for business pages that don’t require you to break the bank!
1. Facebook loves when you post quality posts, even if that means posting less often! Be proud of your work and take time to formulate a posting strategy that involves exciting and pretty photos and simple yet creative captions that will generate discussion (maybe ask a question to your followers)—Facebook loves that!
2. To reiterate what we just said, Facebook loves business pages that often engage with others. Comment, like, and share posts from clients, local businesses, hair magazines, and brands you carry in the salon.
3. Complete the profile information in your “About Us.” Take some time to look at your business page and fill out ALL of the available fields. We cannot stress how important your phone number and hours of operation are when customers need to get a hold of you.
4. Look at your data! Facebook Insights will tell you what time your audience is online. On your page, navigate to the “Insights” tab and click “Posts.” BAM! You’ll find when most of your fans are online, and gather insight on when to post content!
5. Ask people to “Follow” your page! Ask users to select the “See First” option under the “Following” tab (next to the “Like” button on a business page), so they never miss a post!
6. Go live! Facebook has been pushing their Live videos in 2018. People spend more than three times longer watching live video on average than a non-live video—they are more likely to comment on a live video, too!
Breathe a sigh of relief; we just recommended some big ways you can stay on top of Facebook in 2018. By implementing a regular posting and ad schedule, coupled with frequent engagement and Facebook Lives, you’ll be up-to-date on your social media practices and ready to tackle anything new that comes your way.